Twin Galaxies announces new fighting game event series featuring a curated match format guaranteed to thrill audiences
Twin Galaxies Fight Club (TGFC) Debuts this Week at Esports Arena Las Vegas Promising to Bring Together the Fighting Game Community’s Biggest Stars, Famous Legends and Epic Rivalries
Twin Galaxies™, the premier competitive gaming and esports entertainment company, today announced TGFC (Twin Galaxies Fight Club), a new esport event series that brings together top-ranked fighting game stars and legends from around the world to compete in elite showcases of talent. The inaugural event, TGFC 1, features 17 of the biggest names in esports in eight epic matchups across popular fighting games, including the Street Fighter® franchise, Tekken™ 7, Dragon Ball FighterZ and Marvel vs. Capcom® 2: New Age of Heroes. TGFC 1 debuts at the new Esports Arena Las Vegas, located at Luxor Hotel and Casino, on August 4, 2018.
“Fan passion for professional sports is fueled by epic rivalries and superstar performances, the exact formula we are using to bring that level of excitement to the fighting game community with the TGFC,” said Jace Hall, Twin Galaxies Co-Chairman. “For the first time, fights will be regularly curated to ensure viewers get the most compelling and entertaining match-ups possible, expanding the reach to wider audiences, bringing more attention to the incredibly talented stars, and helping to usher in the next era for fighting game esports.”
In the main event, known rivals Goichi “GO1” Kishida and Dominique “SonicFox” McLean will square off in Dragon Ball FighterZ in a first-to-five exhibition match. SonicFox and GO1 have already met in five major tournaments and exhibition matches this year, withGO1 holding a 3-2 head-to-head lead.
The co-main event at TGFC 1 is a battle of dominance between the top two Street Fighter V players in the world, Hajime “Tokido” Taniguchi and Lee “Infiltration” Seon-woo. The renowned fighters currently own the no. 1 and 2 world rankings and have a combined 30 first-place finishes and eight EVO championships.
Other matchups include a first-to-three Super Smash Bros. Melee fight between Adam “Armada” Lindgren and Joseph “Mang0” Marquez, widely considered the best players in the world, and a special Street Fighter 30th anniversary match with legends Alex Valle and John Choi. The full fight card for TGFC 1 is as follows:
- Main Event: Dominique “SonicFox” McLean vs. Goichi “GO1” Kishida (Dragon Ball FighterZ)
- Co-Main Event: Hajime “Tokido” Taniguchi vs. Lee “Infiltration” Seon-woo (Street Fighter V)
- The Fight of Legends: Alex Valle vs. John Choi (Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3)
- Fox Family Feud: Kim “JDCR” Hyun Jin vs. Choi “Saint” Jinwoo (Tekken 7)
- Coastal Rivalry – West vs East: Abraham “GoldenboyNeo” Sotelo vs. Desmond “Xecutioner” Pinkney (Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes)
- Triple-Threat Brawl: Justin Wong vs. Sanford Kelly vs. Michael “YipeS” Mendoza (Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes)
- Meeting of the Melee Gods: Adam “Armada” Lindgren vs. Joseph “Mang0” Marquez (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
- The Great Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Clash: Ryan “Filipino Champ” Ramirez vs. Christopher “NYChrisG” Gonzalez (Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds)
TGFC 1 takes place at the Esports Arena Las Vegas from Saturday, Aug. 4 at 9 PM PT to Sunday, Aug. 5 at 3 AM PT. Fans can attend in-person or watch online at twitch.tv/twingalaxieslive.
Attendees 17 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to be allowed access to the event. For more information, including the full schedule of events, click here.
About Twin Galaxies
Twin Galaxies has been the recognized authority for video game world record validation since 1981. The TG Sports Bureau and World Records Division houses the world’s most comprehensive library of video game statistics and player analytics. In October 2017, Twin Galaxies announced a Pro League Division to establish, operate and govern new professional esports leagues in partnership with leading video game publishers. Twin Galaxies’ H1Z1 Pro League commenced its inaugural season in April 2018. For more information, please visit twingalaxies.com.
Source: Press release submitted by Twin Galaxies