Tekken Talk March 2017: New stages, Eddy & Bears gameplay, limited time giveaway & more
After a long hiatus, Tekken Talk is back and did not disappoint by any means.
Tekken Talk for March 2017 ended literally just minutes ago and if you missed it,well, you missed quite a bit. It was dripping with reveals, hints and information. In this episode MarkMan had his Dalton Link as co-host, Bronson Tran and 725. Here’s a quick breakdown of what they covered, and then you can watch the video to see things (and more) in action.
Before we jump into things, be sure to enter their giveaway for a chance to win a Qanba USA PS4 Obsidian Arcade Stick, or one of five Tekken 7 Crying Heihachi snapback caps.
We learned of new stages and saw some gameplay on a few of them as well. Two of them we haven’t seen yet, but only know about from seeing their names.
- Arena – This stage was first showcased during Eddy Gordo’s reveal, but now we’ve seen some actual gameplay. This stage is awesome. The crowd in the very back looks great, and at certain times when you hit your opponent you can hear them cheer.
- Geometric Plan – A stage full of white and aqua green cubes and spheres (round balls; you see some neon yellow too) that float and form either floating squares or rectangles. It’s a very unique stage as well. When the floors break very easily as well, ,allowing you to see very bright pink under the tiles. The walls break easily too.
- Infinite Azure – An infinite and very realistic-looking stage set on the shore of a large mass of water with the sunset and mountains in the background. A very beautiful stage and calming stage.
- Kinder Gym – This stage looks just like how it sounds – a large kindergarden playroom. It looks like it will be very fun to play on.
- Brimstone & Fire – There was no gameplay of this stage, but it sounds like it will be awesome!
- Violet Systems – There was no gameplay of this stage, but we do have a clue of how it will look from the Rage and Sorrow trailer.
We didn’t get to see any gameplay of G Corp. Helipad or G Corp. Helipad (Night), but hopefully we will next month.
New Fight Stick
A special edition Hori Tekken 7 Arcade Stick with a noire (black) layout of the Japanese Tekken 7 version artwork will be available June 2nd when the game comes out.
As you should already know, two new characters are coming, but according to MarkMan and Dalton Link, “it’s going to be just as hype, if not better” than when Akuma was announced. Dalton also stated that there will be some surprises in the DLC, so we may not know all there is to know quite yet.
The Tekken developer’s will be blogging very soon, share insight into the game and more. This should be great.
He is definitely not a NamCop. He asked the kind of questions Tekken fans would definitely want to know. For example, the graphics of the stages look so great, and they were playing on a PS4 Pro. But how well will they appear and play on a normal PS4? To that, MarkMan said that there should be no issues or noticeable differences. Dalton added that the you would only notice these difference when compared to the PC version. He asked some other great questions as well.
One thing that was funny is MarkMan asking Bronson “Do you have an interview on TekkenGamer? I don’t think so!” But he does. A very funny exchange!
The load times of games were much quicker. Did you notice? That’s a very good sign. Those are the major highlights of this month’s Tekken Talk. Hopefully there will be another next month.
I don’t know about you, but I’m becoming more and more excited as the release date approaches.What do you think of the new stages, their music and everything else you heard?