64 player UK qualifier for King of Iron Fist Tournament 2016 announced – Register now
Bandai Namco has officially announced the UK qualifiers for the King of the Iron Fist Tournament 2016, which will take place at the Bandai Namco headquarters in Richmond on November 11th. The winner of the qualifier will earn a trip to enter the global finals in Japan this December.
As we are quickly learning, each region has different rules and stipulations. At this qualifier there is a cap of 64 players due to limited capacity. So those interested in being a part need to sign up as soon as possible. But, it’s also not that simple.
Criteria for being selected includes:
- Tournament attendance
- Tekken fan art/videos
- And any other way to show you are a big Tekken fan
Because of the 64 player cap, this make the competition very fierce. The best players will compete against only the best. Let’s hope they stream it!
- Must be 18 or over
- Must be a resident within Europe
- Must be able to attend the event on 11th November
- May not bring a friend if they are not confirmed attending due to the limited capacity of the venue.
- Must have required documents to travel to Japan. Should the winner of the tournament not be able to travel to Japan, it will be passed down to the next highest placing player who is eligible.
- Will be running on PS4 hardware.
- Double Elimination format.
- First to 3 rounds per match.
- First to 2 matches to progress in the tournament.
- Grand Finals will be first to 3 matches per set. The player in the winners bracket will only need to win 1 set, the player in the losers bracket will need to win 2 sets.
- Buttons cannot be remapped within the game.
- Hori arcade sticks and Dualshock 4s will be provided.
- Personal controllers may be used if Bandai Namco Entertainment staff at the event approves.
Interesting hunh? Guess this is what is necessary when there is a cap.
If interested in applying, you may register here.