E3 2016: Tekken 7 coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC early 2017
Who knew E3 had a Day 0? Admittedly, we didn’t. And things hit the ground running for Tekken 7 on this day at the Microsoft E3 2016 press conference. Developers Katsuhiro Harada (Director) and Michael Murray (Senior Designer) were there and set the stage on fire (figuratively) when they made this presentation.
“Not only will Tekken 7 evolve as a competitive fighting game, as you just saw, there’s an all-new story mode that transitions from epic narrative cinematics to action-filled gameplay”
Not everything was in the trailer, but here are the highlights from the Microsoft E3 press conference:
- Tekken 7 is coming “Early 2017” – We finally have a date range
- Tekken 7 will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam (PC) – Welcome to eSports!
- Akuma is fulfilling a promise to Heihachi’s wife, Kazumi, and Heihachi has no idea who he is – Hmmm
- Story mode and actual gameplay are seamless. Did you notice?
- Xbox Live Gold Members receive Tekken Tag Tournament 2 FREE during E3
- Harada-san and Michael Murray are a dynamic duo!
The internet went ballistic at the news, and even caused Tekken 7 to start trending on Twitter.