Tekken 7 the No.1 game in Japan, selling 55K copies in four days, sparking 6% rise in PS4 sales
Tekken 7 is dominating the sales charts in Japan.
Tekken 7 has secured the No. 1 position on the Japanese weekly chart, according to the latest figures from Famitsu, selling 54,319 copies in the first four days on sale.
The numbers may not be as impressive as what Tekken Tag Tournament 2 did on PS3 (69,000), but that was a different time and markets tend to change. Still, Tekken 7 is doing much better than most games out today, and that’s what matters most.
According to MCVUK, Capcom’s Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers also experienced a sharp fall last week after sales fell by 73%, putting it at No.9 down from No.3.
Just last week we reported that Tekken 7 was also the No. 1 game in the UK, above Overwatch and even new title Injustice 2. It’s safe to say that the game is doing very well. Hopefully we’re hear figures for the America soon.
Here’s the Top 10 software chart in full for the week ending June 4th:
1. Tekken 7, Bandai Namco Entertainment, PS4, 54,319 (New)
2. Secret of Mana Collection, Square Enix, Switch, 30,123 (New)
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Nintendo, Switch, 17,297
4. Tsukitomo Tsukiuta 12 Memories, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Vita, 12,254 (New)
5. Monster Hunter XX, Capcom, 3DS, 10,669
6. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Nihon Falcom, PS4, 9,575
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Nintendo, Switch, 7,256
8. Shiin, Experience, Vita, 6,887 (New)
9. Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X, Bandai Namco Entertainment, 3DS, 4884
10. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, Capcom, Switch, 4,522
And here are the hardware figures for the same period:
Nintendo Switch, 25,274
New Nintendo 3DS LL, 9,419
PS4 Pro, 5,249
PS Vita, 4,843
Nintendo 2DS, 2,764
Nintendo 3DS, 350
Wii U, 186
Xbox One S, 51